History

nyco-timeline-logo

Picture

Created in 1929 in Saint-Denis (France), NYCO took its name from an American company initially specialising in leather finishes.

1929
Picture

In 1957 NYCO took an interest in ester-based aviation lubricants and subsequently received its first approval from the French Ministry of Defence for a turbine engine oil, TURBONYCOIL 13, for the Snecma ATAR engine.

1957
Picture

TURBONYCOIL 13B for Mirage aircraft

Later, NYCO extended its range of lubricants to comply with British and American military specifications.

1959
Picture

Development of synthetic esters

In the early seventies, NYCO started to develop lubricants for Soviet equipment; strengthening its presence on the Eastern European markets. In the same period, NYCO extended its activities to synthetic esters and fully-formulated lubricants for automotive and industrial applications.

1970
Picture

TURBONYCOIL 600 for military engines and civil aviation

1985
Picture

Lubricants for refrigerant compressors

1987
Picture

Biodegradable fluids for industrial applications

1990
Picture

TURBONYCOIL 400 for US Air Force F-22 raptor and dielectric fluids for industry

1995
Picture

Synthetic dielectric fluids for industry

1996
Picture

New state of art plant at Tournai, Belgium

1997
Picture

New additive technology for high temperature requirements

2006